Thanks to everyone who made it to yesterday’s live chat wrapping up the 2010 WordCount Blogathon.
Winners of more than $1,200 in writing and blogging-related prizes were randomly selected from the names of everyone who blogged all 31 days in May.
As a surprise consolation prize, everyone who blogged 31 days straight will receive a special WordCount Blogathon badge created by writer/web designer Ron S. Doyle that says “I did it!” to post on their site. I’ll be sending out those badges shortly.
Here are the prize winners, what they received and the sponsors who donated all those goodies.
- Blog/Website SEO Review – Custom analysis of your blog or website from Internet marketing specialist Spork Marketing. Spork’s Jason Lancaster will analyze more than 50 aspects of your website or blog’s design and structure to create a report on what’s working, what’s not and suggestions for 10 easy fixes to make it more search engine friendly. The winner must agree to publish a post about the review process, either on their site or on Spork Marketing’s blog. Value: $500 WINNER: Charles Newbery – Pine Tree Paradise
- Blogging Class – One admission to TV and film blogger Jane Boursaw’s popular class, Blogging for Passion and Profit, Premium level. Value: $250. WINNER: Katie Hinderer – Write Beyond the Cubicle
- Coaching – A one-hour “Get Unstuck” laser coaching session with Marla Beck, life coach for writers, good for writers looking to take on more meaningful assignments, overcome writer’s block. Value: $185. WINNER: Jan Udlock – Imperfect Mom
- KnowledgeWebb subscription – 1 year subscription to KnowledgeWebb, online and in-person training for everyone and anyone working in content. Their motto: Don’t sweat the tech! Value: $129. WINNER: Tara Phillips – Two Hands and a Road Map
- Resume help – One hour of resume writing service from Danielle Buffardi of PenPoint Editorial Services to overhaul an old resume or start a new one. Value: $125. WINNER: Thinkingtoohard – Thinking too hard
- Editing services – One hour of writing, editing, freelance business or social media coaching fromWordCount Editorial Services (that’s me). Value: $125. WINNER: Alexandra Grabbe – Chezsven’s Blog
- Task scheduling software – A copy of Simple Task Timer, time tracking software writers can also use to schedule projects, produce productivity reports and generate invoices. Value: $49.95. WINNER: Rachel Vidoni – East Coast Musings
- Online Markets E-book – Hot off the presses, The Urban Muse blogger Susan Johnston’s new e-book, The Urban Muse Guide to Online Writing Markets, with information on 40 online writing markets that buy freelance articles, as well as samples of successful query emails and a glossary of writing and web terms. Value: $15.99 WINNER: Joy Choquette – One Year. 156 Fears. Life Changing.
- Starbucks gift card - Preferred fuel for bloggers! Value: $25. WINNER: Sarah E. Ludwig – Parenting by Trial and Error
- Associated Press Stylebook 2009 – New, paperback edition, shipped directly to you from Amazon.com. Value: $12.89. WINNER: Katie Jett Walls, One per Week
Thanks again to the 2010 WordCount Blogathon sponsors for donating some fantastic prizes. Sponsors will be contacting prize winners shortly. Winners, if you don’t hear from them within the next week, please let me know.
A lot of people ended up not blogging every day, but came close to it, were faithful about leaving comments on other people’s blogs, or just had fantastic attitudes. To reward them, I added a surprise prize drawing for anyone who signed up for the blogathon but didn’t blog all 31 days. The prize: a $25 Amazon gift card. WINNER: Heather Frendo – Thrifty Knee Socks.